- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Honeydo Ale - All-Grain
American-Style Amber/Red Ale - All Grain
I came up with this recipe shortly after starting to brew. It's intended to be an every day light, drinkable beer that pairs well with lawnmowers, sweat, paintbrushes, and ham sandwiches.
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 0.75 oz (21.26 g) Centennial Pellet 10.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.25 oz (7.09 g) Centennial Pellet 10.5% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 1 Whirlfloc (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1056) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 153 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by March 17, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.