- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
American Pale Ale All-Grain Template
American-Style Pale Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style Pale Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 5 lbs (2.27 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) CaraPils (2 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Amarillo 9.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1272) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 11 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 26, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.