- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Golden or Blonde Ale - All Grain
Ginger Beer. In my first batch, i got the ginger flavor i was after, but with less bite and sweetness than necessary. In this second round (which I haven't tried yet) I've added peppers for bite and honey instead of flaked corn to sweeten.
- 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg) White Wheat (2 °L)
- 0.25 lbs (0.11 kg) Crystal 10 (10 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Honey (1 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Mount Hood 6.5% AA (Boil - 45 mins)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Fresh diced ginger (Primary)
- 6 Habanero Pepper (Primary)
- American Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1056) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 170 °F (77 °C)
Put the ginger and peppers in a hops bag, in a small amount of water, bring to a boil and remove from heat. This sterilizes and helps to render without losing too much flavor. Capsaisin (the spicy stuff in the peppers) is soluble in alcohol, but not water. So once cool, add a small amount of vodka/grain liquor to the infusion. Add the infusion to the cooled wort just prior to pitching yeast.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Sept. 14, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.