- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Easy Amber Ale (modified)
American-Style Amber/Red Ale - Extract
Modified version of http://tastybrew.com/newrcp/detail/639 to work with standard malt extract can sizes.
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Crystal 40 (40 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (16 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Cascade Leaf 7.7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade Leaf 7.7% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade Leaf 7.7% AA (Boil - 5 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Cascade Leaf 7.7% AA (Dry Hop)
- Safale US-05 (Dry)
Steep Crystal 40L in 150*F water for 50 minutes. Remove steeping bag and rinse grains with hot water. Add rinse water to wort. Bring water to boil and slowly add extract stirring constantly to avoid scorching extract on bottom of brew pot. Add first .5 oz of hops, and continue boil. Add the rest of the hops according to the hops schedule.(Except the dry hops). After boil is complete bring wort below 130*F and pour in to fermenting vessel. Add cold water up to the 5 gallon mark on fermenter. Ensure water temperature is below 80*F and add yeast. Allow to ferment for one week. Transfer to secondary fermentor(if desired, but not required). Add Dry hops, and allow to settle for 10 days. After 10 days transfer to bottling bucket with 1 cup corn sugar. Transfer to bottles and allow conditioning for three weeks.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 10 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 21 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Aug. 2, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.