- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
African Rooibos Red Ale
American-Style Pale Ale - All Grain
Somewhere between a cream ale, red ale and mild pale, I designed this beer for my boyfriend's birthday, inspired by his time in South Africa and the flavors of the country.
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Flaked Corn (1.3 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Flaked Oats (1 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) White Wheat (2 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Crystal 120 (120 °L)
- After Boil
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Honey (1 °L)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Willamette Pellet 4.5% AA (Boil - 45 mins)
- 12 oz (340.19 g) Rooibos (Boil - 0 mins)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Rooibos (Bottling)
- American Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1272) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 150 °F (66 °C) for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 170 °F (77 °C)
Steep rooibos after boil for 10 minute after boil, before turning on chiller. Steep additional rooibos with priming sugar before bottling.
Hold in primary fermentor for 21 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Oct. 20, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.