- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
American Pale Ale Extract Template
American-Style Pale Ale - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style India Pale Ale (IPA) style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) Amber Dry Malt Extract (10 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Amarillo 9.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1272) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 11 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Oct. 31, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.