- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
MI IPA #2
American-Style India Pale Ale - All Grain
My friend is a professional brewer and I have only started brewing so I asked him for a good IPA recipe. 80 % of this is what he gave me and the rest is what I would like to try aftre doing some reading. I plan on starting this in a few weeks
- 12 lbs (5.44 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 1.7 lbs (0.77 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) CaraPils (2 °L)
- 0.8 lbs (0.36 kg) Victory Malt (28 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Amarillo Pellet 9.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) simcoe Pellet 13% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Citra Pellet 11% AA (Dry Hop)
- California Ale Yeast (Whitelabs WLP001) (Liquid)
single step Mash in with 5.5 gal at 166.7 no mash out sparge with 5 gal (Infusion): Mash at 154 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
Recommended Sparge: 170 °F (77 °C)
wait till fementation stops in the secondary then dry hop for 10 days
Hold in primary fermentor for 10 days at 71 °F (22 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 71 °F (22 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 7 days at 72 °F (22 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 25, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.