- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
Brewer's Best Belgian Dark Strong Ale
Belgian-Style Dark Strong Ale - Extract
This Strong Ale recipe creates a copper-brown color from the generous, yet diverse, liquid malt extract addition. Dark brown soft candi sugar contributes robust and unique flavors commonly found in Belgian style ales. The high gravity is balanced with clean bittering and spicy aromas that round out this complex ale.
- 6.6 lbs (2.99 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Dark Liquid Malt Extract (30 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Dark Brown Sugar (50 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Belgian Aromatic (22.5 °L)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Millennium Pellet 15.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Brewer's Gold Pellet 9.2% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- Safbrew T-58 (Dry)
Temperature Step: Mash at 155 °F (68 °C) for 20 minutes.
Hold in primary fermentor for 5 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 9 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 70 °F (21 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Sept. 14, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.