- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
American Lager Extract Template
American-Style Lager - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style Lager style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) Rice Syrup (1 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 0.75 oz (21.26 g) Hallertauer 4.4% AA (Boil - 45 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Lager Yeast (Wyeast 2035) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. With 15 mins left in the boil add the rice syrup. Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 53 °F (12 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days at 45 °F (7 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by July 3, 2017. Start brewing this recipe.