True Brew Irish Stout
Classic Irish-Style Dry Stout - Extract
Recipe in a box from Brewers Supply Group (formerly Crosby & Baker).
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Munton's Dark Hopped Liquid Malt Extract (55 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Dark Dry Malt Extract (40 °L)
- 6 oz (170.1 g) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Roasted Barley (300 °L)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) UK First Gold Pellet 8% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- Muntons Ale Yeast (Dry)
Place 1-1.5 gal of water in the brewpot and bring to a boil. Turn heat off and add steeping grains for 20-30 min. Remove and discard spent grains and bring wort to a boil. Turn the heat off. Add malt extracts and hops and stir well. Heat to boiling. Boil for 20-30 min. Cool to about 70 F. Strain into fermenter. Top up volume to 5-5.25 gal. Take a gravity reading. Pitch yeast when wort temp is appropriate.
Hold in primary fermentor for 4 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 10 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days at 68 °F (20 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 20, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.