American IPA All-Grain Template
American-Style India Pale Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style India Pale Ale (IPA) style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 8 lbs (3.63 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial 10.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial 10.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Boil - 0 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Dry Hop)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1056) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Start dry hopping in the secondary fermentor.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Aug. 10, 2015. Start brewing this recipe.