- Original recipe submitted by: BrewedByUs
- Original recipe submitted on: Aug 08, 2011
- Revised on: Aug 08, 2011
- Comment: New recipe created.
American IPA Extract Template
American-Style India Pale Ale - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style India Pale Ale (IPA) style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Dry Hop)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Boil - 0 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial 10.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial 10.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1056) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Start dry hopping in the secondary fermentor.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.