American IPA Extract Template
American-Style India Pale Ale - Extract
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style India Pale Ale (IPA) style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 4.5 lbs (2.04 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Amber Liquid Malt Extract (10 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial 10.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Centennial 10.5% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Boil - 0 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade 7% AA (Dry Hop)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1056) (Liquid)
Add mix dry extract with 3 gallons of water and bring to a boil. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and transfer to primary fermentor. Top off with cold water to the 5 gallon mark. Shake to mix and aerate then pitch the yeast.
Start dry hopping in the secondary fermentor.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 7 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 14 days.
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by July 3, 2017. Start brewing this recipe.