- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
American Brown Ale All-Grain Template
American-Style Brown Ale - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style Brown Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 6 lbs (2.72 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 1.5 lbs (0.68 kg) Amber Malt (22 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Special B (180 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) East Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Fuggle 4.25% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1272) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Sept. 18, 2019. Start brewing this recipe.