Sweet Pumpkin Ale
Pumpkin Beer - All Grain
A nice fall beer with pumpkin puree and spices. A hint of molasses gives it a rich cool and mild sweetness.
- 9 lbs (4.08 kg) 2-Row Malt (2 °L)
- 2 lbs (0.91 kg) Crystal 60 (60 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Molasses (80 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade Pellet 7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Cascade Pellet 7% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 29 oz (822.14 g) Pumpkin Puree (Mash - 60 mins)
- 3 tsp (14.79 mL) Pumpkin Spice (Boil - 2 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1272) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 154 °F (68 °C) for 60 minutes.
Mash the pumpkin puree along with the crushed grains. Add molasses after the mash but before bringing to a boil.
Add hops, spices and irish moss at times indicated.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 21 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by April 2, 2020. Start brewing this recipe.