International-Style Pilsener - All Grain
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) Crystal 20 (20 °L)
- 5 lbs (2.27 kg) UK Pilsner 2-Row (1 °L)
- 3.5 lbs (1.59 kg) Flaked Rice (1 °L)
- 1.75 lbs (0.79 kg) Corn Grits (1 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 2 oz (56.7 g) Saaz (Czech) Pellet 3% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Saaz (Czech) Pellet 3% AA (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Agave Syrup (Boil - 15 mins)
- Mexican Lager Yeast (Whitelabs WLP940) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 152 °F (67 °C) for 45 minutes.
The times and temperatures below are for brewing this recipe as a lager. the secondary fermentation listed is actually the diacetyl rest. After bottling, reduce the temperature gradually back down by about 2 deg. per day and then hands off for a long time. The flavor is actually not very good at all if it doesn't age properly.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 53 °F (12 °C).
Transfer to secondary fermentor for 2 days at 62 °F (17 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 28 days at 53 °F (12 °C).
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by Nov. 29, 2018. Start brewing this recipe.