American Brown Ale Partial Mash Template
American-Style Brown Ale - Partial Mash
This recipe is a base template for the American-Style Brown Ale style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg) Light Dry Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg) Light Liquid Malt Extract (4 °L)
- 1 lbs (0.45 kg) Special B (180 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Kent Golding 5.5% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 0.5 oz (14.17 g) Fuggle 4.25% AA (Boil - 30 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- American Ale Yeast II (Wyeast 1272) (Liquid)
Soak crushed grains in 2 gallons of water at 154 F for 45 mins. Rinse with another gallon of water at 170 F. Add dry extract then bring to a boil.
Add hops at times given. Add with 15 mins left in the boil liquid extract and irish moss. Transfer to primary, top off with cool water to reach 5 gallons and pitch yeast.
The final 4 oz of corn sugar are used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 66 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by March 28, 2015. Start brewing this recipe.