- There are no brew journals for this recipe.
German Altbier All-Grain Template
German-Style Brown Ale/Düsseldorf-Style Altbier - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the German-Style Brown Ale/Düsseldorf-Style Altbier style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- 9 lbs (4.08 kg) Munich 20 (20 °L)
- 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg) CaraMunich (56 °L)
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 1.5 oz (42.52 g) Hallertauer Tradition 7% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 tsp (4.93 mL) Irish Moss (Boil - 15 mins)
- Dusseldorf Alt Yeast (Whitelabs WLP036) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 151 °F (66 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops and irish moss at times indicated. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 21 days at 67 °F (19 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.
If you started brewing this beer today you could be drinking it by May 3, 2015. Start brewing this recipe.