- Original recipe submitted by: Pasternak11481
- Original recipe submitted on: Jun 28, 2012
- Revised on: Jun 28, 2012
- Comment: Started adaption of "Belgian White/Wit Ale All-Grain Template"
Belgian White/Wit Ale All-Grain Template
Belgian-Style White (or Wit)/Belgian-Style Wheat - All Grain
This recipe is a base template for the Belgian-Style White (or Wit)/Belgian-Style Wheat style. While you are welcome to brew this recipe as is it's intended to be used as a starting point for creating your own recipe.
- After Boil
- 4 oz (113.4 g) Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0 °L)
- 3 lbs (1.36 kg) White Wheat (2 °L)
- 5 lbs (2.27 kg) Belgian Pilsner 2-Row (2 °L)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Fuggle 4.25% AA (Boil - 60 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Bitter Orange Peel (Boil - 15 mins)
- 1 oz (28.35 g) Coriander Seed (Boil - 15 mins)
- Belgian Witbier Yeast (Wyeast 3944) (Liquid)
Infusion Step: Mash at 150 °F (66 °C) for 60 minutes.
Single infusion mash. Add hops at times indicated. Add coriander and orange peel with 15 mins left in the boil. Cool and pitch yeast.
Corn sugar is used for bottle priming.
Hold in primary fermentor for 14 days at 69 °F (21 °C).
Allow to carbonate and age for 14 days.