- Submitted by: manfre
- Submitted on: Aug 10, 2013
manfre's Brewing Journal
Recipe: Lady Luck Hefeweizen
Source: Other Source - http://www.americanbrewmaster.com/Lady-Luck-Hefeweizen
Lady Luck is an award winning German Hefeweizen. It took Best of Show at the Piedmont Brewers Cup homebrew competition in 2012.
This beer has classic Hefeweizen character with loads of banana fruit esters. The winning recipe was brewed using a step mash procedure that develops the body and structure of this beer.
- Started Brewing: Aug 10, 2013
- Original Gravity: 1.051
- Primary Fermentation Complete (Estimated): Aug 17, 2013
- Ready to Drink (Estimated): Sep 14, 2013
- Pre Boil Wort Size: 3.00 gallon
- Final Batch Size: 5.00 gallon
Notes From Aug. 20, 2013 (Bottling/Kegging)
Gravity Reading: 1.012
Tasted after adding the priming sugar, which masked some of the fruitiness. Already has an excellent flavor that will definitely improve.