- Submitted by: yourfriendtyler
- Submitted on: Mar 08, 2015
yourfriendtyler's Brewing Journal
- Started Brewing: Mar 08, 2015
- Original Gravity: 1.065
- Finished Brewing: Mar 29, 2015
- Final Gravity: 1.020
- Alcohol by Volume: 5.9%
- Would Make Again?: No
- Pre Boil Wort Size: 8.00 gallon
- Post Boil Wort Size: 6.00 gallon
- Final Batch Size: 5.50 gallon
Molasses is cool, but I don't like working with it.
Notes From March 8, 2015 (Brewing)
Gravity Reading: 1.065
I don't think that I liked using Molasses. It's protein-ful. It was hard to pour and didn't mix well.
I love brown sugar and I think will continue to use that. Had a couple of boil overs.
Oh, I sparged with 6 instead of 5 gals of water which was a lot. It was awesome though because I was able to get more than 5 gals in fermenter. Probably more like 6. There was a lot of foam when I measured and pitched, so I'm not sure. Excited!