jacksauce Avatar jacksauce's Brewing Journal

Recipe: jacksauce / Oberon clone Ver 2.0 (revision #3)

  • Started Brewing: Feb 01, 2015
  • Original Gravity: 1.060
  • Primary Fermentation Complete (Estimated): Feb 08, 2015
  • Secondary Fermentation Complete (Estimated): Feb 19, 2015
  • Ready to Drink (Estimated): Feb 26, 2015
  • Pre Boil Wort Size: 6.30 gallon

Notes From Feb. 1, 2015 (Brewing)

Gravity Reading: 1.060

Filled primary and pitched yeast. It took about 4 - 6 hours before I noticed major airlock activity.

Notes From Feb. 1, 2015 (Brewing)

Gravity Reading: 1.060

Post-boil Gravity at 63 degrees 1.04

After final sugar and honey additions 1.07

Finally, I have a situation where my Gravity is a little high. I will add a little water to bring my gravity right where it needs to be.

Added water to bring carboy up to 5 gallons. New Gravity is 1.06.

Notes From Feb. 1, 2015 (Brewing)

Gravity Reading: 1.050

I did a batch sparge this time. I collected the first 2 gallons from what was in the mash, then I added 3 gallons of water (170 degrees) and mixed it up well. After letting it sit for about 10 min I drained off another 3 gallons. After that I added another 1.5 gallons of 170 degree water to the tun and after 10 more minutes drained it off.

Collected 6.3 gallons.

I took about 1/2 cup of wort and cooled it to 63 degrees to check my gravity.
Pre-boil Gravity 1.05.

Notes From Feb. 5, 2015 (Moving to Secondary)

Gravity Reading: 1.070

Taste is good.
Secondary filled to the top.

Notes From Feb. 9, 2015 (Dry Hopping)

Gravity Reading: [Not given]

Dry hopped.